With the pressure mounting each day, the biggest blunder you might be committing is neglecting food. Regular intake of food is not only essential for healthy mind and body balance, but a good diet can also help you strengthen your concentration power.
Here are some easy tips and tricks that you can follow to beat stress and follow a healthy diet in these last crucial hours.
1. Avoid junk food, it tends to slow you down, apart from inducing several other health consequences.
2. Eat plenty of green vegetables and dry fruits. Fish, sprouted grains, fresh fruits also help in releasing tension and focus better.
3. Avoid heavy dinner. You can have a heavy lunch, but a heavy dinner can be a little too much. Keep eating in short intervals, this would ensure you have enough fuel for the entire day.
4. Load up on nuts like almonds and walnuts. Omega 3 fatty acids – found in most nuts and seeds – are also very good for the brain, and a handful of it should be consumed on a daily basis.
5. Keeping yourself hydrated is most essential in these times of stress to ensure your energy rates from dipping. Keep drinking water throughout your revision. Avoid coffee, excess coffee can leave you dehydrated . You can opt for tea or green tea for better alternative. Fluids aid mental alertness, concentration and preventing headaches, so make sure your diet is full of food that is high on water content. Coconut water, lassi, buttermilk, juices and soups are other fluids you can incorporate in your diet.
In addition to these diet tips, one can also engage in calming activities like meditation, and yoga. Make sure you also take breaks in between your revision. Your brain anyway is going to reach a saturation point in about two to three hours of constant study. To ensure your brain is able to absorb and process new information, you need to give yourself breaks regularly.
Happy Final Exams 🙂