In today’s world he or she who gets hired is not necessarily the one who can do the job best; but, the one who knows the most about how to get hired.
Assuming that you are in an interview, these are the four essential questions the HR absolutely needs an answer to – even if they never ask you these directly.
Anything you can do, during an interview, to help find the employer find the answer to these four questions, will help make you an outstanding candidate for the job.
1. “Why are you here?” This means,
- Why are you knocking on our door, rather than someone else door?
- How much do you know about who we are, and what we do here?
2. “ What can you do for us?” This means,
- If we were to hire you, will you help us with the tasks and challenges we face here? What are your relevant skills, and can you give us examples or stories from the past, that demonstrate you have these skills
- “Tell me about yourself”
3. “What kind of person are you?”
- Will you be a pleasure to work with or will you be a problem from day one?
- What is your greatest weakness?
4. “What distinguishes you from other people?”
- What makes you unique; do you show up earlier, stay later, work more thoroughly, work faster; go the extra mile, or…what?